WRITING A SUMMARY
Writing a good summary demonstrates that you clearly understand a text...and that you can communicate that understanding to your readers. A summary can be tricky to write at first because it’s tempting to include too much or too little information. But by following these easy writing tips you will be able to summarize texts quickly and successfully.
1. The main points are th essential ideas in the text.
2. There is usually one main point in each paragraph.
3. The main point often comes at the beginning or at the end of the paragraph.
4. Eliminate non-essential adjectives, adverbs, relative clauses to shorten sentences.
5. Use a general term to substitute a list of objects or actions.
Energy fro Bulgaria, 7th grade, Pearson Education
SB p. 124 - ex. 4 - Read the text. Copy and complete the summary. - Deadline: Friday, 27th November
SB p. 124 - ex. 5 - Write a summary \80 words\ of a text of your choice. You can use the plan from the SB to help you. - Deadline: Monday, 30th November